Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My 11th Birthday

On July 6th I had my 11th birthday. On my birthday we finished our stay at the Hapuna with our friends. I had one of those nice, lazy Birthdays. We went to the pool and then Checked out of the hotel and then went back down to the pool to have lunch.

For my birthday I got my own camera, A photography magazine, A $50.00 borders card and $20.00 from my Aunt, Uncle and baby cousin who live in Pennsylvania. I got two cards(so far).

On one of the cards I got a picture of Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, a picture painted by Georges Seurat. Here is the picture. He painted this picture by using only the tip of his paint brush! The original copy is in Chicago at the Art Museum. the original copy is soooo big it takes up an entire wall!!!!! If you look really closely you can see the dots but from a distance you eyes blend the dots together to frame the image. Isn't that cool!!

From,

No comments: