Monday, October 13, 2008

kilauea volcano

Hi I just got back from volcano!! Oh yeah I live on the BIG Island of Hawaii and we have an active volcano!! Above is the pichure of the Hawaiian goddess Pele. Pele is the goddess of fire and lava. When I went to the volcano Kilauea, I took pictures of the volcano during the day and night. During the day Kilauea is all smoky and during the night you can see red glowing lava underneath the surface. Sulpher is the gas from the volcano and it smells really bad.


This is a picture of Kilauea volcano smoking during the day










This is me, my dad and my sister









This is Kilauea at night






See ya later,

Merrin


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool photos Merrin!
Love reading about your adventures.
xo
love,
Auntie Mel

Heather said...

thanks aunt mel!