Friday, January 15, 2010

Why I love Horses

When my family first moved here I saw my first horse. Then it clicked to me I want to ride. So my parents found a great place to learn. My teacher was great. I rode with her in western for six whole years. Then something private happened and I stopped riding with her. I do recommend her for learning to ride. After that I was riding with HPA's horse back riding program. My favorite horse was a horse named Francesca. She was Half Tennessee Walker. She was fun to ride. I rode there for about two or three months. Then I went to the Waimea Equestrian Center. That is where I am riding now. So far i have been riding for a month or two, and I am LOVING riding there. It is my favorite place so far. On the first day i learned about balance. I ended up cantering around with no stirrups or reins. It was hard but super fun. Plus the horse (Rocky) is super bouncy but fun and lazy. Since then i have been riding every Wednesday and Saturdays. I feel like I have grown as a rider and in my experiences, which is very good for me. We (me+my friend we ride together) will soon start jumping which will be fun.

No comments: